Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy or Not so Happy 14 months!

Carlee turned 14 months on Sunday and we were having a great day...
I was sharing my oh so yummy frozen lemondae (from buger street) with Carlee and she loved it...


...UNTIL...
... I took it away from her because she was flinging lemonade all over the house with the straw. She proceeded to throw herself on the floor and cry hysterically. Yes, sweet little Carlee threw her first tantrum. I couldn't believe it. You might ask, "What did you do?" And I know now that I should have walked away, but at that moment I was in such shock that my daughter was throwing a tantrum. I mean I knew she would throw one at some point, but I just wasn't expecting it to happen at that moment. So I stood there 1) asking her if that was really necessary and 2) trying not to laugh and 3) grabbed my camera of course!!!!

And we are still crying! I must admit, it is really really good frozen lemonade, but not thowing yourself on the floor and acting like the world is going to end good.

What a sad and pitiful face!!!

The piano turned out to be a good distraction.

7 comments:

Chelsi said...

"Is that really necessary?" Hahaha! That is sooo something I would say. We'll learn to walk away one of these days :)

Piero Maggiani said...

Happy First Tantrum! Get used to them, they will become more frequent as you approach the two year mark, they they will be a daily fact of life (why do you think they're called the "Terrible Twos?").
Case in point, this morning Massimo throw a massive tantrum over a bowl of Cheerios. The tantrum lasted all the way to daycare, where I had to drag him across the parking lot and the whole building up to his classroom...

Brynn said...

Love that I can now put pictures with the story of the first tantrum!!

Randi said...

mean, mean mommy..

The Groves Family said...

I'm pretty sure that I am on Carlee's side in this case and would have thrown a fit also if you had taken the frozen lemonade away from me!!!

Kelly said...

I can definitely see you saying "Is that really necessary?" - That's hilarious! I love it! Somehow this post just showed up for me ~ weird.

Thomas, Jennifer, Jackson, and Lauren ~ said...

That is funny! I'm impressed that she has waited this long for her first tantrum! What a good girl! We need to get together soon! We still have Carlee's birthday present!