Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes and Bleed #3

Just like her mother, Carlee loves pancakes. Of course my Dad cooks the best pancakes, but according to Carlee's heartbeat and activity level this morning, the hospital's weren't bad. She enjoys showing off for the nurses. They keep telling me that her heartbeat looks better than some babies at 32 weeks, so that is great news. Mom and I both did some work this morning and early afternoon. We both have our computers setup and if she needs to call a client, she steps into her office, aka, the bathroom. This afternoon mom took a break from working and went to a Creative Stitches store and bought me the cutest needlepoint project. It is a picture of a baby carriage in pink and sage green. It is perfect and will look great in the nursery once I have it finished. Hopefully, I will have 5-6 weeks to complete it. As soon as she brought it back, I started working on it, but didn't get very far when my placenta decided to have its 3rd bleed. I guess it thought my day wasn't exciting enough. Luckily, just like the last 2, the bleeding stopped on its own. They immediately hooked me up to the monitors to check Carlee's heartbeat and see if I was having any contractions, and just like always, she was doing great; completely oblivious to what was going on around her and no contractions. An hour later, everything was back to normal. My good friend, Brynn, came bearing dinner from Mi Cocina! It was so good. Mom and I definitely enjoyed not having hospital food for the 3rd time today. Another friend, Lauren (one of my college roommates), and her mom, also came to visit. And they brought cupcakes. Mi Co and cupcakes...what a perfect meal! It was very nice to have the company, especially after that little scare. Everyone just left and I'm calling it a day. Hopefully, it will be a quite evening. Sweet dreams!

Love,
Susan

2 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you had good food and good friends today! Praying for you!

Kelly said...

What a bad mental image you gave me with your title! But, glad you are feeling OK and the bleeding stopped on its own. Can't wait to see your stitching project!