Friday, June 12, 2009

Are we getting close yet?

I had bleed #8 around 1:30am today, but it was just a "regular" bleed, not another big one. I was hoping that this bleed would encourage my doctor to go ahead and schedule a c-section, but no. I talked to her this morning and she said that she was going to wait until I had another big bleed, although she doesn't think it will be much longer. I will be 35 weeks tomorrow (I have been here 7 weeks!). This is a huge mile marker because babies start to develop their sucking ability at this point and usually don't need to be tube fed. That is a big bonus. Also, most babies born after 35 weeks don't even have to visit the NICU! The ultimate goal is to be able to bring Carlee home with us the same day that I am discharged. So I am going to continue laying here, waiting patiently for our little girl to be born.

I have to say Happy Birthday (yesterday) to my sweet husband! We celebrated last night with Cheesecake Factory for dinner, cake, candles, my horrible singing, and great company. Thanks Brynn and Chelsey for helping me throw him a little party! Craig's friend, Robey, also helped us celebrate, so Craig wasn't completely out numbered.

Today is my "little" (6 foot 6) brother, John's 19th birthday!!! Wish I could be there tonight to celebrate!! I know that he is going to be the best uncle to Carlee!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

Love, Susan

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

6'6?!?!!? Oh my word! I can't even picture that! Of course, the last time I saw your brother was when I lifeguarded at Emerald Forest pool in high school :)

What a great thought that little Carlee is developing her sucking skills. That just put the biggest smile on my face. I'm sure it puts an even BIGGER one on yours and also brings a lot of peace to your heart.