Monday, June 8, 2009

A Big One!

I added some excitement to the mix late last night when I had bleed #7 and it was a Big One. It wasn't "the bleed," but it was pretty close. I even called Craig at 11:15pm and told him to be on standby, which I really try not to call and worry him if I don't have to, but this one warranted a phone call. I even got a trip to Labor and Delivery, but after a good hour or so, the bleeding slowed down to a minimum and eventually stopped. They put me on an IV and kept me over at L&D until this morning to monitor Carlee's heartbeat and my contractions (I had some, but they weren't real strong). The best part of the whole situation was that I got an early sono (typically I have to wait until Wed) and the doctor even took Carlee's measurements again and she is now around 5 lbs 1 oz and looks great!!! After the sono, I got moved back to my antepartum room and it was really nice to be back in my "own" bed. I was exhausted, as I didn't sleep at all while in L&D. I got a few hours of sleep later this morning and really took it easy this afternoon. I plan on going to bed real early tonight and catch up on my sleep.

The goal at this point is to make it past the weekend when I will be 35 weeks. The doctors feel that Carlee is getting to be a healthy weight to deliver, especially if we can make it one more week. If I do have another bleed of this same size, they will more than likely have to go ahead and deliver, because of the amount of blood loss. My blood count was obviously down today and I need a several days to try and build it back up. I am already going to lose more blood than normal in the delivery room, due to the placenta situation, so I need to keep as much of it now, especially to avoid having a blood transfusion.

Well that is my excitement for the day and hopefully, for a while. I want to say a big Congratulations to Matt & Sarah Johnson ~ the proud parents of Madeline Ada. She was born on June 6th and is adorable!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great start to the week!

Love, Susan

No comments: