Monday, June 1, 2009

Baby Sadie and Needlepoint


The hospital has a CPR kit and I thought it would be a good idea to get one since I haven't had CPR lessons since high school. The kit came with a blow up baby, which I decided to name Sadie. My friend, Chelsey (who is an RN and worked in the Labor & Delivery and NICU unit for several years), taught me how to performance CPR and what to do when a baby was choking. Very good things to know. Afterwards, we decided to play dress up. We put a newborn outfit on Baby Sadie and then topped it off with an adorable headband and bow. She looks much better with clothes on.


I finished the Princess needlepoint project this weekend. It looks really good. Mom took both of them home with her so she could get them framed. They definitely helped pass the time up here and I was glad to get them completed before Carlee arrives.
I also want to say Happy Birthday to my friend Courtney!!!! We are celebrating her birthday tomorrow evening in my hospital room. Probably not what she had in mind, but I appreciate being included in the birthday dinner ritual.
I have a sonogram on Wednesday and we will get Carlee's measurements!!! The doctors are also going to start coming up with a plan. I will keep you posted! Currently, I am 33 weeks and 2 days! What an accomplishment! We are just making great progress!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Love, Susan

2 comments:

The Groves Family said...

I cracked up as soon as I saw this post! Love the picture of you and Sadie!!! Can't wait to see you again tomorrow!

Kelly said...

Oh goodness! For a second I thought you were cheating on Margaux there...letting another baby in your hospital bed, but, it's just Sadie :) Margaux will be happy to know her space in bed is still available....well, at least until Carlee is here!

(That baby did look very real!)