Monday, December 21, 2009

Green Beans...Yuck!!!!

Carlee sitting in her big girl chair for the first time. What a big girl.

Carlee just thought she was excited to try green beans.

This facial expression doesn't tell the story. Carlee has been eating bananas and sweet potatoes and she has loved them so I decided to try a green veggie this time. Well it really didn't go over well. After the first couple of bites Carlee starts making gagging noises and acts like she is going to throw up. Craig and I are laughing hysterically and she is just looking at us like "you keep laughing punks, but I am the one having to eat this nasty stuff." I didn't think she had been tortured enough so I gave her a few more bites and while the green beans were still in her mouth she blows a big raspberry and green beans fly everywhere. I guess I should have stopped there, but it was so funny so I kept giving her more and she then started doing the shimmy shake (like when you taste something too sour) and then wouldn't open her mouth anymore, so I put the green beans away and went back to bananas.

" These bananas are delicious...I will even help you feed me, as long as I never have to eat green beans again!" Little Miss Independent loves grabbing the spoon and feeding herself.
Carlee has been on a babbling streak lately and is really ready to talk. Last weekend she made the "rhhhhh" sound which was the first time you could tell she was trying to say a noticeable consonant. It also sounds like she is saying "yeah", but yesterday and again today, she said "Dah!" I don't know if she is trying to say dada, but we are definitely getting close.

1 comment:

Allison said...

What a big girl!!!!!! Wow!! She changes so much from post to post!