Monday, May 11, 2009

The Big 3-0 and a very Happy Mother's Day!

My friend, Kelly (who lives in DC) came to visit me on Thursday with her 7 month old, Marguax and her mom, Shelia aka Honey. They even brought me Shipley's donuts, which were fabulous, as always!!! They got to the hospital around 11:30am and stayed until a little after 4pm. It was great having them here for so long. Margaux is absolutely precious. She sat on my bed and we played for a long time. She and Carlee are going to be great friends! It has also been 1 week since I've had a bleed! The doctor was very happy about that because I have been able to re-gain some of the bleed cells that I lost in the 4 bleeds. Bed rest is working!!

Friday morning, I ate more Shipley's for breakfast. When they hooked me up to monitor Carlee's heartbeat was a little higher than normal and she was very active (more than usual) . Her heartbeat is usually in the 147-167 range, but this morning she was in the 180's. The nurse wrote in my chart, "mom ate donuts, hyper baby." haha So mom cut me off all sweets for the rest of the day. They were selling homemade fudge down on the first floor and Dad wanted to go buy my some fudge, but mom said, "NO! Carlee has had enough sugar for the day." She's a tuffy! Brynn came to visit after work and hung out with me and Craig ~ She is always great company!

Saturday - I hit 30 weeks!! A huge milestone! A group from our sunday school class came to visit. We had a Campisi's pizza party in my room and had a great time. Lance and Katharine also came to visit. Craig and I really enjoyed everyone's company. The rest of the day was pretty calm. Craig and I hung out and watched a very exciting Maverick's basketball game until the last second when they lost by 1 point. Boooooo! Then Mom and Dad brought us Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner!!!

Sunday - Happy Mother's Day! Luckily, I had already bought mom a gift before being admitted to the hospital. Sometimes it helps to be overly organized. I got her a bunny statue. Not that she really needs any more bunnies, but this guy was a cutie. Words cannot describe how appreciative I am for everything my mom has done for me. I would not have been able to stay so upbeat these past 2.5 weeks without her here by my side the entire time!! I hope that I can be even half the mother to Carlee as my mom has been to me. THANK YOU! My brother was also supposed to come up and visit, but he wasn't feeling well and is right in the middle of finals, so he will be here on Friday. Craig's parents and sister also came to visit. We had a nice family day. Craig and I also got to tour the NICU (neonatal ICU) floor. I was very impressed. All the babies either have their own private or semi-private room, depending on the number of babies being cared for in the NICU. Each room has a personal nurse attending to the babies, so they are in very good care. Hopefully, we won't have to be there long or even at all, but I feel confident that we are in great hands.

That's my weekend wrap-up. Wednesday, I get a sonogram and the doctor will take new measurements. Keep your fingers crossed that Carlee weighs well into the 3 lb range. My new goal is to make it to this Thursday - 2 weeks and no bleeds. I think I can!

Happy Rainy Monday ~ a great day to be in bed!

Love, Susan

1 comment:

Kate said...

Praise the Lord you are at 30 weeks and with that "two week window" who knows you could really be at 31 or 32 weeks! Praying for you and Miss Carlee!