Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's been 3 weeks!

I can't believe I've been at the hospital for 3 weeks now! Luckily, it has gone fairly quickly and hopefully, I have several more weeks to go. I had a sonogram yesterday morning and Carlee looks great. She weighs 2 lbs 14 oz. I was hoping for over 3lbs, but that is pretty close. My high risk pregnancy doctor put in his report that if I made it 1 more week with no bleeds (it had been 13 days) that he would consider the possibility of letting me go home on complete bed rest, but he must have jinxed me, because I had my 5th bleed yesterday afternoon. It was the worst bleed so far, mainly because it didn't stop immediately, like it did the other 4 times, and then I started having contractions. By now, I'm used to the bleeds, but the contractions worried me, especially because Carlee is still so small and not ready to enter this world yet. They gave me a shot which thankfully stopped the contractions almost instantly. I stayed on the monitors for almost 3 hours and once again Carlee was oblivious and just as happy as she could be. Everything finally calmed down around 8pm. Mom and Craig went and got us dinner from Luna de Noche. It hit the spot, especially the tortillas and queso. After dinner mom and Craig left for the evening and I went to bed. I was exhausted.

I haven't seen the doctor yet today, but things seem to be under control for the time being. I finished my needlepoint project. It looks great. I will have to take a picture and post it. Mom got me a new one. The colors match the one I just finished, so they will look great together in the nursery. Well I better get started on it. I hope to finish it before Miss Carlee arrives.

Love, Susan

No comments: